Our Commitment to your Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. A high level of trust and confidentiality is required to ensure the confidence of the patients we serve. Hence, we provide this notice explaining our practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used
We believe that:
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people whose data we hold
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed only when necessary
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
- We will never sell or give your data to anyone who would spam you.
What is Personal Health Information?
Personal health information means identifying information about an individual relating to their physical or mental health. The personal data collected will generally include:
- the patient’s name, address, contact number, NRIC number, date of birth;
- current medication or treatments used by the patient;
- previous/current medical history, including, where relevant, a family medical history; and
- the name of any health service provider or medical specialist to whom the patient is referred.
Use of your Personal Information
In using our services and providing us with your personal data, you hereby agree that PhysioSports Pte Ltd
- creating appointments and responding to your queries
- compliance with the applicable laws and regulations;
- internal record keeping and administration;
- filing of medical claims on your behalf with the relevant company, employer or insurance provider;
- collection of fees, charges and expenses for services provided;
- carrying out billing, accounting, auditing and the maintenance of proper book-keeping for the Practice’s operations and business
- verification and identification purposes;
Withdrawal of Consent
You may at any time withdraw your consent by providing us with notice through a request submitted to us. Contact details are made available at the bottom of the statement.
On receipt of such notice, the Practice will inform you of the likely consequences of withdrawing your consent. Depending on the nature of the withdrawal of consent, we may no longer be able to continue providing our services to you. Such a withdrawal may therefore result in the termination of any doctor-patient relationship that you may have with us.
We endeavour to ensure that all decisions involving your personal data are based upon accurate and timely information. While we will do our best to base our decisions on accurate information, we rely on you to disclose all relevant information and to inform us of any significant changes.
While all reasonable efforts will be made to keep your personal data accurate, you are kindly requested to disclose all relevant information, inform us of any change and to ensure that all your personal data that is submitted to us is current, complete, accurate, true and correct.
Safeguarding Your Information
The Practice maintains personal data in the format of electronic files. We will protect your personal data with appropriate safeguards and security measures to prevent misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
Access to personal data will be authorised only for the physicians and employees associated with the Practice, other agents who require access in the performance of their duties, and to those otherwise authorised by law. We provide personal data to health care providers acting on your behalf, on the understanding that they are also bound by law and ethics to safeguard your privacy.
Our computer systems are password-secured and constructed in such a way that only authorised individuals can access secure systems and databases.
We will not keep personal data for longer than is necessary and will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required.
Should you have any queries or requests or wish to make any applications concerning your personal information or data, please contact us using the details below:
Data Protection Officer
PhysioSports Pte Ltd
8 Sinaran Drive
#04-08 Novena Specialist Centre
Tel: +65 6262 0970
For more information about PDPA generally, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg
Last updated on 11/02/2019
8 Sinaran Drive, Novena Specialist Center, #04-08 Singapore 307470 Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Saturday: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm